Friday, December 19, 2008

Just a Moment of Silence.

I'm back from camp! Sadly, my camera couldn't tag along with me, hence i do not have any pictures of camp with me at the moment. =/

Anyways, just to sum things up, camp this year was good overall. Younger ones are starting to take over, taking on various roles, which is a good thing. We, or rather I am considered one of the old ones already..(young at heart always though :D). Well, after what has happened last year, I guess it is a wake up call for us all, on how short life can be. (I agree with the statement made my stephen).

A young boy named Benjamin, at a mere age of 15, was drowned in a pool. No one knew exactly why and how it happened but when they found him, he was all purple and pale. Quickly he was rushed to the nearest hospital thereafter, but it was a little too late. He passed on.

Well, I believe this particular incident would come back to haunt us every now and then, with it being the first tragic incident which ever happened throughout so many years of camp now.

Nevertheless, it is a constant reminder to us all on how brief life can be, irregardless of how young or old you may be. So who are we to decide how much time we have left? For what is life? Is it not only a vapour which appears for a little while and then vanishes away?

Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. (Prov 27:1)

How true. But when that day comes..can we say: "I've lived my life with no regrets.." or will we say: "I wished i had a little more time..", leaving this world full of regrets, thinking that we should have done this or that. But just when you start to realize, would it not be a little too late?

Someone once said:
"It's not the years in your life that counts,
but the life in your years."

No comments: