Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dengue? or not?

Okay..i know I haven't been updating my blog for the past few days now. Truth be told, I was sick throughout the whole week. And okay..behind all this, lies a fairly complicated story. Hmm.

So I started having fever last Wednesday, and a continuation of high fever the following days, and along with it were the usual body aches and all that. So it was just that until Friday night, lil red spots started to show on my hands.


Okay..so the next morning I went to see a doctor and yeah..he said it might well be measles. Gave me the fever medicine and so in the next 2 days, the fever subsided. Thank God! (because it was the cause of this serious migraineeee I had)


Ok moving on, somehow rather, I was suspected to have dengue or Chikungunya

(it's a new virus going round coming from the same dengue family). But ohh well..the spots on my hand didn't look like that of dengue. So okay..measles it was.
Not until last 2 days, my hands and legs swelled up, and the spots on my legs looked like that of dengue. Wokiee..had a blood test done twice previously, and my platelets were rather low the 2nd time. Hence my mum sought a 2nd advice from a doctor she knows via sms, and he says if the platelets did not go up, I will have to be admitted to hospital. So i had a blood test done again yesterday, and lo, it went up! Thank God! Nevertheless, here's the irony of the whole thing.


It was Dengue all along and we only found out when I might h
ave well passed the dangerous stage and was already on the edge of recovering!!
(i mean cos the doctor also thought it was measles at first, so yea..what doctors say are always right, no?) LOL.


But one thing I gota say, I WAS NOT HOSPITALIZED! teehee. (cos if you get dengue, it is a must to be admitted) Well actually, truth be told, there is no specific medication for dengue so even if you were to stay in hospital, all they can do is to give you the drip and you're required to rest and drink up a lot. It's more of a self-recovery process. But yea..they
will have to monitor your condition, and there is a certain "dangerous stage" they call it if you get dengue. So once you've passed that, you'll be fine. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
cupcakes? :D

Here's a thing or two I learnt throughout this whole dengue thing:
1) You can't run away from 100 plus. (you're asked to take lots and lots of it, cos it replenishes your body fluid and keeps the heat down)
2) of PAPAYA LEAVES and Rock Sugar. (yes it has to be boiled with rock sugar otherwise it would be soooooooo bitter. cos I drank that =/ ohh well if u wana get well, you've gota drink up)
3) You tend to sleep like nobody's business. (It's just that your body is weak and tired, and because you're required to rest up, you tend to snooze more than usual)
4) WATER WATER and WATER.
5)Early to bed, early to rise, makes a dengue patient, healthy and wis
e (ok only when he or she recovers that is :D)

No comments: