Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Best of Me.


I am not perfect,
never was,
and never will be.
These are not words of the pessimist,
but rather words of life's reality.
One can strive to be perfect,
flawless and free,
Free from what you may ask?
Free from all of life's vanity.
Though things on earth are only temporary,
it doesn't mean we're free from all of life's worry.
Vanity, indeed, at the end of the day,
nonetheless, we've all still got a role to play.
How you'd answer at the judgement,
is how you live your life today.
I fear the worst, I can't deny,
but i find comfort in knowing I have a guide.
He's always watching from up above,
taking care of my every need here on earth.
So here i stand, to share what i can,
Tis this statement i find so dear,

For now everything just seems a little clearer,
"Do your best and God will do the rest."


No comments: