Monday, August 15, 2011

One down, another to go!

First paper's up. 2 hours and 40 minutes were filled with much writings and anxiety for the fear of the lack of time. Well, what can I say - I did what I can within the capacity of time. As one of my lecturers so rightly put forth, "do your best and God will take care of the rest." Couldn't agree more. We'll see how this turns out.

Now is probably the time to start focusing on the next paper, after which much mental preparation is required for the upcoming adventure of internship which well, is WORK! Aiyaaaiii Captain :)

On another note, I'm thankful for those who've been around to offer me their support, directly or indirectly. Its through these support system that I gain strength to rise up when I hit rock bottom. On a personal note, Thank You for always being there to offer me your words of encouragement and drop a message every now and then out of concern; despite having to take care of your own set of challenges. I probably never told you how much it meant to me in the past; so I'm letting you know again, thank you.

It's funny sometimes, to think of how great "life" in itself actually is; with its strong, narcissistic love for itself, it instills in one a tremendous amount of will, vitality and zest to pursue and live it to its best; yet being imperfect, giving in to its mood swings, it never fails to confute you at times with the amount of lemons it tosses at you, expecting you to search for the "sweetness" within the prescribed sourness. Then there are times where it kindly shows you the road home, yet there are times where it ditches you at a crossroad, expecting you to find your own way home; whereas you know not where both of the roads may lead to. Unsure of which road you should take, you're left in a rut of uncertainties and emotions, all mixed up; and this is when you start to consult your gut feelings; and what if your gut feelings may turn out to be wrong?

This is where the question of God comes in. There are many things concerning the future which perhaps, I may not be able to fully comprehend and obtain an answer as of now, but I trust that the Lord knows what is best for me and therefore I'll leave it to Him to take care of all things, in time.

"Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand,
But I know who holds tomorrow,
And I know who holds my hand."

~Words by Ira Stanphill, 1950~

4 comments:

Reu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reu said...

As always, you write beautifully Sze Yin :) all the best for the rest of your papers

MyLifeStory said...

Thanks Reuben. Your writings and your unique way of expressing your thoughts are just as beautiful :) Last paper just ended this evening! Yayy! (:

Reu said...

congrats :) new chapter in your life aye? enjoy!