Saturday, January 7, 2012

Friend or Foe?

I never cease to wonder how sometimes, a simple statement made by a friend could cause so much distress. And there I was, pondering upon the past, succumbing to the negative feelings that overwhelmed me. Maybe I thought, I was wrong, that I was just making my own assumptions. Maybe I thought this time it was different, that this was a chance to patch up a friendship that was long lost. But now, on second thought, maybe my gut feeling was not wrong after all. I mean apart from the fact that such a statement had triggered the openings of the negative memory windows of the past, you, whether with ill intentions or not, had absorbed a good part of energy that was left in me. I can't blame you for that though, because I was the one that chose to dwell on such things, that caused my own distress. But I guess, a friend that is worth keeping is not one who wishes to witness the downfall of his or her friend, but rather a true friend is one who would provide support and see to the success and happiness of his friend. Having said that, I do not have enough information to completely verify what I think I know is the case, but if it is, I could really do away with a friend like you - one who rips the energy of his friend. Still, I wish you the very best in all that you do; but to envision upon the hope of a good friendship, I won't bother trying.

No comments: