Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Plea.

'Tis the morning has come,
and yet another day i'm blessed with.'

Today, O Lord,
Help me understand my own,
and give me the strength to overcome the unknown.

Today, O Lord,
Help me understand the needs of others,
as i learn to put theirs above my own.

O Lord,
I'm but a pilgrim here on earth,
holding on to the hope that i have in Thee.
Guide me dear Lord,
as i travel on this journey here on earth,
so that i may see and acknowledge,
the whole purpose in me.

O Lord,
many times I falter,
but I know Thou are with me.
Give me wisdom dear Lord,
to discern the right from wrong,
Help me dear Lord,
to make the right decisions in life.
For Lord,
You know what's best for me.

Many times the devil comes and say
'Turn aside and go your way,'
But O Lord,
Thou art great and merciful,
give me the strength to overcome,
and deliver me from all harm.

O Lord,
thoughts of all kinds surround me,
but help me dear Lord,
to put my faith and trust in Thee.
For Lord you have said,
'I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.'

Help me see the light in myself,
and create in myself a clean heart and mind O Lord,
so that others may see this light in me,
the hope that I have in Thee,
that shines eternally.

A peace of mind I asketh dear Lord,
and a peace of heart I seek,
For Lord I know,
life here on earth is only temporary,
earthly pleasures but vanity.

As I continue my journey here O Lord,
Keep me safe and deliver me from all harm,
For Lord,
tis the faith I have in me,
and the hope I have in Thee.
''If God is for me, who can be against me?''

No comments: